Monday 15 August 2016

Beads and a feather...for The Ragged Ray

A page from my sketchbook from a few weeks ago.
The beads were for a Diva challenge but I didn't have the courage or 'know how' to send it in.
With help from a very kind person I not only started this blog but also now submit pieces to the challenges!
I need to find out how to do those wonderful drop shadows on smaller details. Most things I just look at other peoples fab work and teach myself but the shadows are beating me..  :/

7 comments:

  1. What beautiful beads! And your feather is so precise! Mine always look like one I picked up from the chicken yard when one of the girls is molting! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Carol that really made me laugh! I have an image of that chicken now! Thank you for your kind comment.

      Delete
  2. What beautiful beads! And your feather is so precise! Mine always look like one I picked up from the chicken yard when one of the girls is molting! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great - such patience in that feather.

    Drop shadows are a hit and miss thing for me. Practice them on really simple tangles first (Fescu is a good starting place) and go from there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you :) To be honest I found the feather very relaxing once I'd worked out a method. Great tip for Fescu, thanks, I can see that it's an ideal start point. Will get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful. Nothing to worry about here at all.

    ReplyDelete