Sunday, 28 August 2016
This is in a small 4x6" journal as it is the only smooth paper I have. The settings are very quickly sketched as I did not expect to like the gems enough to make the effort at all but actually am quite pleased :)
This is something that will be fun to experiment with I think.
Friday, 26 August 2016
The reason for the naked before shot is that I have been accepted into a miraculous shading group. If I share my efforts with them they have lots of very kind people who will critique the piece. Everyone is constructive and encouraging, this is priceless to an absolute beginner like me.
So! The tile started to break down badly with colour and shading but I really enjoyed this challenge.
The ING at the top, done with curved lines, looked quite organic to me like something I might dig up in the veggie patch! The bottom one sharper and harder so I wanted the middle one to be a fusion of the two. The web and curve meet the hard angles, a louvre type pattern and then blossoming into a soft floral design (Sanibelle from Tricia Faraone). To the best of my knowledge nothing else needs to be referenced but please do tell me if I've missed something?
Saturday, 20 August 2016
Phew! The IAST string was '16' A challenge it certainly was, my 'taste' alarm was ringing at the number of colours in the rings but five colours it is!
The pattern Drogon from Lily Moon was part of the IAST #158 challenge so, as that made think of the feather fans and headdresses from Brazilian carnivals, I decided to use Vicki Bassett's Showgirl as one of my 'go to' patterns. As it was already a bit of an extravaganza of colour I thought the colours of Brazil's flag may as well join the party :)
Just lately I've been reading of people passing along tiles for friends to add to then pass along again..a relay :) So Carole Ohl's Baton is the final addition that needs to be referenced I think..relays..batons..? The Baton design also reminded me of the ribbons for the medals.
Wednesday, 17 August 2016
The idea is that Joey starts a tile, this one with a Paradox triangle, then we finish off the tile.
What a fun idea, I've really enjoyed the concept and the process.
So..to Joey's Paradox I abutted some of Kate Ahren's Tropicana and surrounded the whole lot with Tricia Faraone's Sanibelle. I struggled a little with the Paradox shading (as ever) but decided to leave the little highlight in the very centre, Tropicana and Sanibelle were both totally new to me but an utter joy to draw..thanks to those ladies :)
Monday, 15 August 2016
The beads were for a Diva challenge but I didn't have the courage or 'know how' to send it in.
With help from a very kind person I not only started this blog but also now submit pieces to the challenges!
I need to find out how to do those wonderful drop shadows on smaller details. Most things I just look at other peoples fab work and teach myself but the shadows are beating me.. :/
Friday, 12 August 2016
These are both new to me but then I'm new to it all! I found the woven design to be really fun once I got my wooden head around how to construct it...doh!
Meer had me cross-eyed, I thought I had where to shade then lost it..then found it I think. Not entirely sure that I pulled it off but the practice is very therapeutic.
I used a little watercolour behind because when it was finished it brought to mind looking through a dreamcatcher..so my thought is a sunset through the dreamcatcher. No laughing now..I will improve I sincerely hope lol!
Tuesday, 9 August 2016
The colour on this image is slightly different in reality, all listed as greys, one looking quite blue.
I have an unmentionable vision in my head as to what this resembles but you'd have to know me well for me to tell lol!
Tuesday, 2 August 2016
But! I like this one :) the one that just popped out of my pen on to the paper..more instinctive I suppose.